Friday, July 10, 2020
CBD Oil and Oral Hygiene
CBD oil has taken the health industry by storm and its demand is constantly rising! However, a branch of the health industry where CBD oil has many benefits is still pretty much undiscovered, that is, dental/oral health!
You can find food, beverages, and cosmetic products infused with CBD oil. Now, get ready for CBD oil infused toothpastes and mouthwashes. They’re great for your oral hygiene and health.
Keep reading to find out more about CBD oil and oral hygiene!
What is CBD?
For those of you who still haven’t heard of CBD, let’s set up the background!
CBD is cannabidiol – a natural substance derived from the hemp plant. It is a cannabinoid that influences the natural endocannabinoid system of the body!
Dental Care and its Importance
Dental care is a very important part of your life – and we often tend to ignore it in our busy lives! How many of you brush your teeth twice a day and floss regularly? It’s probably a very small percentage because in today’s busy world, in between switching from one screen to the other, we don’t find time for our oral health and hygiene.
Not taking care of your oral hygiene can lead to tooth decay and pain, which you want to stay away from! So, let’s find out more about how CBD oil improves your oral hygiene!
Benefits of Using CBD Oil for Oral Hygiene
CBD oil is known to have many beneficial effects on the human body, which include oral health improvements. Here are the benefits of using CBD oil for oral hygiene:
· CBD oil reduces inflammation
CBD oil improves your oral health by reducing inflammation. Many gum diseases start with painful inflammation in their early stages. If you’ve ever had inflamed gums, you know exactly how painful it can get! By reducing inflammation, CBD oil restores gum health and reduces soreness and bleeding.
· CBD has antibacterial properties!
One of the bacteria that can cause tooth decay is Streptococcus mutans. This bacteria feeds on sugar and starches that get left behind between your teeth. It can colonize your mouth and cause cavities! CBD oil helps eliminate this strain of bacteria while leaving the other “good” bacteria behind.
· CBD oil reduces bad breath
When the bacteria mentioned above stay in your mouth and feed on sweet leftover food, they create a layer of plaque on your teeth. This plaque then hardens to form tartar, which is what gives you bad breath. By keeping the bacteria at bay, CBD oil reduces bad breath!
· CBD oil helps in relieving pain
For those with chronic oral pain, you know how debilitating the pain can get! You get irritable, don’t feel like eating anything and want to remain isolated when you’re going through any form of oral pain. This is also true for those teenagers who suffer from pain when their braces are tightened. Adding a little bit of CBD oil to your oral care routine can relieve the pain! CBD oil reduces pain signals that are sent to the brain!
These were some of the many benefits of CBD oil for your oral health!
How to Use CBD Oil for Improving Oral Hygiene
There are many ways to include CBD oil in your oral care routine, which are listed below:
· You can add CBD oil to your toothpaste. Alternatively, you can also buy toothpaste that is already infused with CBD oil. Use the toothpaste regularly and you’ll notice a positive difference in your oral hygiene!
· You can add CBD oil to your mouthwash and then use the mouthwash regularly. Alternatively, you can also buy mouthwash infused with CBD oil.
· You can apply CBD oil directly to the affected area in your mouth using a dropper.
· Add a few drops of CBD oil to lukewarm water and then gargle with it.
· If you’re taking CBD oil for pain relief after a major dental procedure, you can also take CBD oil pills or capsules.
· You can incorporate CBD into your oral oil-pulling routine which eliminates bad breath. Add a few drops of CBD oil to coconut oil (melted) and then swish it around in your mouth for about 10-15 minutes! After that, spit it out. Do not ingest it. Oil pulling has shown to have many benefits for oral hygiene including elimination of bacteria and bad breath!
Do’s and Don’ts
You should use CBD oil correctly because using it incorrectly can have consequences. Here are a few do’s and don’ts of using CBD oil for oral hygiene:
· Do not ingest toothpaste or mouthwash that contains CBD oil. Although CBD oil is safe to consume in the form of tablets or pills in a controlled dosage, it’s not safe to ingest mouthwash or toothpaste.
· Make sure you only use a few drops of CBD oil. Don’t use it excessively!
· Do not ingest the CBD oil if it’s specifically made for your oral hygiene.
· Make sure you consult your dentist and doctor before using CBD oil, especially if you’re on any medications for chronic conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long can I use CBD-infused dental products for?
You can use CBD-infused dental products for as long as you want. They do not have any side effects.
How long will it take to see a noticeable improvement in my dental hygiene?
It can take about 2-3 weeks to see a noticeable improvement in your dental hygiene after regular use of CBD oil-infused dental products.
Will using CBD oil make me high?
No, CBD oil does not make you high!
Are there any side effects of using CBD oil for oral hygiene?
No, there are no side effects of using CBD oil for oral hygiene. However, if you ingest the CBD oil in large doses, you might face adverse effects like nausea and dizziness. All-in-all, CBD oil is safe for oral use!
So, what are you waiting for? Get your favorite CBD oil infused dental products and experience an improvement in your oral health! After all, your teeth are important and worth keeping for a long, long time!